Thursday, February 5, 2009

I have an idea!


Last night Will and I were making cupcakes to bring to one of my friends at work for her birthday. As with most kids, Will's favorite part of making any sweets is when he gets to lick the beaters. We made 2 different types of cupcakes, so as I was busy taking the first batch out of the oven Will was licking the beaters from the second batch. I wasn't paying much attention to him until he said the following:

"Hey Mom! I have an idea!"

(half paying attention) "What Will?"

"When it's all gone, you just dip it back in the bowl!" (said with much excitement and a sound of accomplishment in his voice.)


Just then I looked over as he dipped the beater back into the bowl of batter, not knowing if this was the first time he'd done this, or if he just now decided to share his great idea with me.

I told him that we shouldn't do that because we don't want to share our germs. (He was not impressed.) I then proceeded to scoop the batter into the cupcake cups. ... And as I write this my coworkers are eating the cupcakes. :)


Question: do germs bake out when you cook the cupcakes?

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I have always wondered that. I would guess Keith would say absolutely not. I would guess he won't eat any cup cakes that Will has helped make. Of course it beats Will blowing out the candles!

Candice said...

For your coworkers sake, I hope germs bake out!

Noelle said...

Oh my gosh, Will is getting so big! I love seeing how kids make connections like that. I'm gonna say yes, the germs do bake out.

Blake said...

I'm going to say Will has the right idea either way

Ann said...

Hahahahahahahaha! This is proof that Will is brilliant.