Friday, February 6, 2009

blind man

The other day I saw another interesting thing as I was driving home from work...

There is a blind man that lives in Redmond that I often see walking around with his seeing eye dog. However, this time was a bit different. I saw them walking on the trail that runs along the slough (the little stream thing.) Which made me wonder:

Does he tell his dog, "I want to go for a walk along the slough" and the dog brings him there? or does the dog decide what they do for the day and the man is just along for the ride (or walk rather)?

Similarly, when the dog takes him to the grocery store, does he tell the dog that he needs milk and the dog brings him to the milk section? How does it work?!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

That is a very good question. I've never wondered that, but now I do. If you find out, let me know!

Unknown said...

You're full of questions lately. I have no idea about any of them, but I sure get a kick out of how random your mind works. Keep asking the good questions. It keeps me thinking outside the box.

Blake said...

I think no matter what he says he wants they just end up in the dog food isle

Erin said...

lol. Does anyone know a blind person? I'm dying to know the answer. Oh and Scott, this is the least of my outside the box thinking. I'll keep posting them though so that you can laugh with (or at) me. I guess it would be laughing with me becaues I laugh at my thoughts all the time. In fact I love driving home because I make myself laugh all the time. :)