Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Horse back riding in Napa

Also while we were in Napa we went horse back riding! So fun! (Great idea Ann!) I hadn't been on a horse since girls camp at Ensign Ranch when I was probably 14. I was a bit worried but all when well. Ann and I decided to wear helmets just in case. :)
Here is Ann on her horse Josie. Josie is the smallest of the horses, but also has the largest appetite. She was constantly on the look out for something that she could eat. And would wait until she felt Ann wasn't paying attention and then dive in for a tasty treat. Ann would pull on the reigns as hard as she could but Josie didn't seem to mind and just kept on eating.
This is my horse, Sport. Sport is Josie's boyfriend and therefore wanted to follow very closely behind Josie (despite her gas issues.) He would also even try to walk side by side with her. Sport was a relatively easy horse to ride expect one issue. Every time we would gallop he would shake his head violently side to side. That made it pretty interesting for me to stay on. I think maybe the bit was in his mouth wrong because he was constantly licking at it.
Keith (who was too cool for a helmet) was riding Jake. No not his brother Jake, or his friend Jake, but Jake the horse. Jake was a well behaved horse but had little patience for Sport and Josie's love games.

Riding was awesome and made me want to have a horse. Crazy huh?

3 comments:

Lisa Best said...

What an awesome trip! I'm jealous! :)

amyraye said...

sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend. now it's back to the grind.
and i'm pretty sure your condo won't allow horses, but you never know. :)

Rachel said...

I love horsies =) so fun!