Monday, August 10, 2009

possible new home

Lately I've been looking into getting a condo. Unsure if that was a possibility right now but I decided it was worth a try to at least see where I am at.

Many of the condos in the area that I can afford are real fixer uppers, which I was not too thrilled about. Then on Friday my real estate agent sent me the below condo. I went and saw it right away and totally fell in love. There would be nothing that I would want to change about the interior of this place.

However, the process is difficult. It is a short sale, meaning that the owner is defaulting on their loan, so the offer has to be accepted by the bank, not just the person who lives in the condo. We submitted an offer on Friday night. The person defaulting on the loan accepted the offer, and it will now be sent to the bank. This is where the frustration comes in. The bank can take months to make their decision on whether or not to accept your offer. Those of you who know me well know that patients is not one of my strong points. So this is trying for me.

My real estate agent said that in a few days the bank should give us a time line of when they will get back to us. So I should know later this week. I'll keep you all updated.

I'm trying not to get too excited just in case they don't accept my offer, but seriously, look at this place! How could I not be excited about the possibility!?

It's in Issaquah in the Klahanie development. There are tons of parks, trails, pools and other community ammenities. It is the top (3rd) floor, end unit, so there shouldn't be much noise from neighbors. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 875 square feet but seems even bigger because of the high ceilings. I'm in love!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! Yikes!

7 comments:

amyraye said...

looks fabulous. so hard not to get your hopes up and pretend like it's not happening when it really could happen and you're really excited. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh Erin this one is breathtaking!! I'm so excited for you! Keep me posted. Issaquah is so beautiful and best of all there are clean lakes AND a Krispy Kreme (and that one has the divine "blueberry" flavor- which others don't!!) YAY!!!

Lisa Best said...

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Meg said...

Looks nice! I hope it works out for you!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Love it! Good luck! Hope you get it, it looks AMAZING!

Tammy said...

I hope all goes well for you, even though we will miss having you around so much.

Ann said...

So beautiful!! Wow! Fingers crossed for you! I really like Issaquah too. Let me know how it goes. So excited for you!