Friday, August 7, 2009

Blackberry pickin'

Yesterday, I was talking to mom on the phone and she informed me that She, Darren and Ruth and their boys, and Will and Mickayla were going to go pick blackberries because Darren and Ruth wanted some to make jam. I told mom I would help ONLY if she promised to make black berry pie. She agreed. I headed down to where they were to meet up with them. I parked by mom's car and followed the whimpering until I found them. The prickly bushes were NOT NICE! At first I was cautious in my picking... but eventually I got into it. For some reason the big beautiful berries are always way in the back. (Mom took pictures of us deep in the bushes. Hopefully she will blog her pictures too, so keep an eye out for those.)
Devil bushes
I'm not sure the ratio of blood vs. berry juice
The pie made it all worth it (almost.) It looked even better before I ate half of it, but I forgot to take a picture until I had consumed half of my piece. Mmmmm!

5 comments:

LaDawn said...

why are you wearing a ring on your left hand ring finger? Did I miss something major?

Erin said...

ha ha, NO, defeinately NOT! I was wearing the ring on my right ring finger during the day but as it got warmer it didn't really fit, so I moved it to my left hand. If you could see the other side of it you'd know it wasn't a wedding ring, it's big and weird. But it's funny that you say that because just the other day I was telling a friend that I feel weird wearing even "fashion" rings on my left ring finger.

amyraye said...

like your new header.

where'd you guys go blackberry picking? my kids would love it, but all the bushes we usually frequent have been ripped out. perfect blackberry-picking-weather these last few days.

Candice said...

I love the pictures! Apparently, berry farms don't grow berries on extra prickly bushes, so we didn't have as much of an adventure as you did. And I'm very jealous that you got Mom's blackberry pie. I miss pie so much! (Scott voted for jam instead of pie.)

Rachel said...

That looks amazingly delicious!!!! MMMMM!!! I wish I could have been there! (For the aftermath of course)...