Monday, July 20, 2009

The pre-funk

Wednesday night I drove up to be with the beautiful Bride. I'm SO glad I had the opportunity to be there with her for a few days before the wedding. Especially in such a beautiful place. Thursday, the few of us that were there early went floating down the river in the 100 plus degree weather. (Pictures from that to come at a later point, once the water cameras are developed.) It was a great way to enjoy ourselves before the wedding. We also got quite a bit done in prep for the wedding, but mostly we just enjoyed ourselves.

From the below picture you can probably see why they decided to get married out at Papa Jim and Grandma Ida's house. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!
The rehearsal dinner was great. I didn't realize that there would be toasts given at the rehearsal dinner. I had prepared my one for the wedding but ended up wingin' it for the rehearsal dinner. I pretty much cried the whole way through it. :) Lots of people said very touching things that evening. It was nice to spend time with the people that mean the most to Steph and Trev.

The guys of course formed a hack-e-sack circle after the rehearsal dinner was over. I swear they dont really grow up... they just get bigger. I love those boys!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is a pretty awesome place to get married