Monday, July 20, 2009

Flesh Wound

The wedding went off without a hitch. Which was amazing! But I personally had one little accident during the wedding. One of the dinner options was chicken kabobs. They were my favorite. SO so delicious. Well apparently someone dropped their wooden kabob stick on the grass.... As I was walking over to watch the bride and groom cut the cake, I felt a jab in my foot. I looked down and there was a skewer sticking out of my foot between my big toe and second toe. It hurt but I didn't think it was horrible. I pulled it out, which is when I realized it was in my foot about an inch. As soon as I pulled it out it started bleeding. Jon Williams grabbed a bottled water to rinse it off. Sam carried me to the bathroom. And Pat helped me clean it out with soap and water. We also put some hand sanitizer on it since it's got some alcohol. But the party had just begun so I said, "Just put a band aid on it and I'll be fine." It really didn't hurt too bad. I couldn't wear my flip flops anymore because the strap hit right where the skewer went in, but I was fine going barefoot.


The next morning my foot started to get really swollen. I took some ibuprofen and iced it. But Steph's grandma's were not satisfied. They wanted me to go in and get it looked at. Since it was Sunday I had to go to the ER. They didn't do much. Just gave me a tetanus shot and told me to watch the swelling and to go back in if it didn't go down. I may have to go back. It's definitely still swollen. ha ha. Oh well. Better me than Steph.

4 comments:

Lisa Best said...

Ou-eeeeyyyy!

Tammy said...

I sure hope it is getting better and not worse. What a freak accident

LaDawn said...

First of all I have correct you... you said the wedding went off "without a hitch" which would have been a disaster since that was the point of the occasion ;)
I'm so sorry about your foot! That is crazy. I have it gets better soon.

amyraye said...

hope it continues to heal. what a crappy spot to have a wound on in the hot summer flip-flop months.