Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ice Cream Maker

On Monday our new Ice Cream Maker arrived. Last night Will and I made our first batch. Since Ann and Keith are pros at the homemade ice cream thing we took Keith's suggestion and made Heath Bar Crunch.

Will sat anxiously and watched the ice cream thicken.
He also helped me break up the heath bars into mixable size.
The ice cream was delicious and we even brought some over to the neighbors so we could bribe them into being our friends.

Hmmm I wonder what kind will be next. I will definitely consult my buddies Ben and Jerry.

5 comments:

Meg said...

That looks yummy. Where did you get the ice cream maker? That is one awesome creation. :)

Ann said...

Definitely a great first flavor. It's so yummy! Last week I made chocolate peanut butter. (It was so rich and delicious!) Yesterday I made strawberry sweet cream with fresh local strawberries. It's like summer in a bowl. We also have a bunch of fresh oranges so I think I'll make some orange sorbet later this week.

Yes, we eat that much ice cream.
Yes, I buy a carton of cream every time I'm at the grocery store.
Yes, my Ben & Jerry's cookbook is by far the most used cookbook I own.
Yes, I had to hire a physical trainer.
Yes, I'm happy with my decisions.

Enjoy your new ice cream maker. May it make you as happy as it has made me! :)

Tammy said...

Looks so good. Why didn't you bring some over to me?

LuckyRedHen said...

I think he suggested Heath because it rhymes with Keith.

Rachel said...

I'm behind on this blog! I was laughing at your neighborly bribery- good work! And now I need to wipe the drool off my computer for how stinkin' GOOD that looks!