Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Can you tell what I do for a living?

Our Disneyland trip is in 3 days (and counting.) I realize this is just a vacation, but I like to be prepared. So I made a note book with the information that I think that I will want easily available.

Flight info: for Mom, Mickayla, Will and my flight. As well as for Aunt Cathy and Maddies flight, just in case they call in a panic.

Car reservation: So we dont run into the off chance of getting to the reservation counter, just to have them say that they don't have record of our reservation.

Hotel reservation: same as car reservation

Show times: This includes park hours for each day for Disneyland, California Adventure and Sea World. Along with the times of any parades or shows.

Driving directions: Even though we have addresses for all of the places that we are going, and I have a GPS on my phone. I thought I'd print out directions (to and from, everywhere we are going while in CA,) just so they are easily accessible.
Then in the back there is a clip that holds all of our tickets, which have been prepaid and printed out so we dont have to stand in line. (Disneyland, Seaworld, parking at Sea World, Medieval Times)

And you dont even want to know how many other lists I've made. And I'm sure I'll make many more in the next 2.5 days. :)

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Super cool. I am glad I am going with you. It looks like everything will go smoothly!

amyraye said...

i am exactly the same way. i like to feel organized even though having so many lists makes me feel disorganized at times. and i totally don't trust the airlines or car rental places to not screw up my reservations. i ALWAYS print out copies of my reservations and directions. plus it gives me something to do in the days and weeks before i finally get to leave!
the notebook thing w/tabs for all the info in one spot is genius. i might have to steal it. the idea, not your notebook.
also, make sure you get a FAST PASS for soarin' over california first thing because the wait for that gets longer and longer throught the day.

LaDawn said...

I do the same thing! It's a bit overkill but I'd rather be prepared. Check these out, you'll love them: http://www.ontimesupplies.com/Wilson_Jones_View_Tab_Report_Cover_skugroup_22979.html The picture doesn't do it justice. It's "slide and bind" which means you don't have loose papers when something is added in the middle of the trip that is not punched. Although there are pockets in the back for small things. They are durable and you can use them again and again. They are my FAVORITE office supply--which is saying a lot, I LOVE office supplies. What can I say, I'm an admin too :)
Have tons of fun in Disneyland and Seaworld. Brooklynn hasn't been to Seaworld, she'll be super jealous.

Erin said...

Amy - Roger that. Fast pass for Soarin' over California ASAP

LaDawn - Thanks for that link. It's always such a hassle when you've prepared something for one of the execs and then they want to add or change something. Those would make it SO much easier.

Blake said...

See I just like to wing it, sure stuff goes wrong, but those are the best memories

Erin said...

lol. Blake - I imagine that's how you WOULD handle it. but when was the last time that you traveled? And more importantly, have you ever traveled where you were the one in charge of making any arrangments...? :)

Blake said...

Priest Quorum unofficial trip to Oregon, we made zero plans and it ended up being really fun. We didn't even have places to stay or a particular destination. :p

Ann said...

I love it! I guess we all come by this naturally! Too too funny! I can't wait to hear how your trip went!!