Thursday, April 30, 2009

Picking up Blake

Here is our weekend in Review.


Knowing that I had a long drive ahead of me on Thursday I started out my day like a true Seattle-ite






















I drove, and drove and drove. And the scenery never seemed to change. It really wasn't as bad as I thought driving all day by myself.






























The following day I helped Blake clean his apartment. I think we cleaned it better than it had ever been cleaned before, because I found this behind the microwave.
And apparently this, which I named "The Animal" was what they used to clean. Which I'm pretty sure did not help clean.
We took a break from our cleaning and ate lunch at the Malt Shoppe. True Utah style, fry sauce included. That night we decided to go bowling. We ended up going with 2 random guys that we didn't know (long story) but we had a blast. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of our new friends. After bowling we played cranium, and found that hardly any of us are good at the Humdingers.





















The next day we went to Lagoon for a bit before we had to leave to head up to Idaho. We met up with Camille's family and all went together. The weather was kinda cold, but it was ok because there were NO lines. We went right from one line to another and got our fill of roller coasters. (except I only got a picture of us on the sky ride.)
After Blake and Camille said their goodbyes Blake and I headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Idaho. When we got there we visited with Grandpa for a bit then walked down to Thane and Laura's to visit with them and their kids. Uncle Larry was there and walked down with us.
The next morning we woke up early to head back home. Before we left mom got Grandma up and brought her up to have her breakfast. Grandma stared at me for quite a while. And she pointed like she recognized me (she isn't able to talk or really communicate at all anymore.) It was precious. She probably just thought I looked like someone else, since I haven't been there in about 8 years. But it was still a cool experience.

You wouldn't have guessed that it was mid April when you saw the weather conditions that we drove through in Idaho. It slowed us down a bit but once we got through the first 2 hours or so it was clear sailing.




















We saw some interesting things.

And then ..........finally.......... we were back home!

3 comments:

Ann said...

What a trip! Wish I had come with you.
1- was that at one time a banana?! That scares me on so many levels.
2- "The animal" is terrifying and shouldn't be in the same sentence as "cleaning".
3- You have BANGS! I love your hair cut. Maybe I like it cause now we look like twins! :)
4- Oh - I'm sad now. Did even think about Blake having to say a final goodbye to Camille. Will they see each other again before he leaves for Portugal? That is SO SAD!
5- This photo with Gma and Gpa says it all. Grandma looks so old, frail and peacefully confused. Grandpa looks worried and you can see the weight of the world on his shoulders. I'm really glad you and Blake got to see them!
6- SNOW!? Some parts of this country don't know that it is spring - and nearly summer in California! :)

I really miss you guys! Can't wait to see you soon!

Candice said...

You are such a good sport to make that long trek by yourself to pick up Blake and help him clean his apartment. I would have fallen asleep at the wheel and died in the middle of no where.

I'm glad you were able to see Grandma and Grandpa too . . . it's about time you went back to Idaho!

Tammy said...

I love you photo log. It was fun to see all the pictures. I am sure Blake really appreciated you helping him cleaning up his place!