Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My mini me

Will is a thrill seeker just like me. He likes to do things a little more daring than most. Going to Disneyland was tons of fun. But I knew going into it that Will would be disappointed that he didn't get to go on the "big kid" rides. "I'm big!" he said. And unfortunately, even though I knew he'd do great on the rides, the mean Disneyland workers wouldn't let him on. So we took him on the rides that he was allowed on. And he loved any that had a bit of thrill to them. All through the Matterhorn, and on the Spaceship ride, and any other thrilling ride, he'd put his hands in the air and yell "wheeeew!"

The other day Lisa (Brett's girlfriend) told me the following about Will. It made me get teary eyed. I love that my son wants to me like me.

Will is constantly telling me all about wanting to get a motorcycle and ride alongside his mommy. I tell him I am super scared of them and that he and you must be brave to want to do that and he says "Ya, I am brave like my mommy, we are really brave." :)

4 comments:

Ann said...

He really is brave - and super cute! I can't believe he wasn't scared on Matterhorn. That's a big-kid ride for sure! I LOVE that he tells people you're brave and that he wants to be just like you. I miss that little man!

Tammy said...

He is so cute. I don't doubt that by the time he is 16 he will on his motorcycle right next to his fearless Mom.

LaDawn said...

Aw! What a sweetie! Both of you keep safe, but enjoy it in a couple years when he can go on the big kid rides. Brooklynn loves them, which I think is awesome.

Johnny & Alli said...

What a sweet thing to say! He is so big!!