Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stephanie the soon to be bride

This last Saturday Steph and I decided to go to the Wedding Expo at the Convention center. It was fun to walk around and see all of the crazy things that can be part of planning a wedding. Stephanie was not yet engaged at this time, which I think was good because then we could attend the wedding expo with out the stress and pressure of her being engaged.

Earlier in the week I had received an email from Trevor telling me that he was excited for Steph and I to be going to the wedding expo because he was going to use that time to go and ask Steph's Mom and David for permission to marry her. He also asked me to please do something to make her stop analysing his every move so that he could try to make the proposal a surprise. So like any good friend would... I lied to her. :) As we were walking around the expo I told her that I had talked to Trev and that I had an idea of when the proposal was going to happen. But I also told her that it would be soon but not too soon and that she could relax the next few weeks.

When we got home from the Expo Trevor was still at their apartment. Unfortunately Stephs mom had gone to the Seahawks game so he wasn't able to go ask her while we were at the expo. Trev sent me a text (although we were all in the same room) asking for me to somehow take her away for a while so that he could get out of there to go talk to Cheryl and David. ... so I lied again. I said that I really wanted to go let Decko out to go potty and that I wanted to go to Ben Franklin. So Trev said that he was going to go help his brother with something and that he'd meet up with us later for dinner.

I thought that Stephanie had caught on to our lies for sure, but apparently she didn't. I got a call from her on Sunday afternoon and the first thing she said is "you are such a liar!" I'd never been so happy to be called a liar. She told me that he had just proposed and that she was caught completely off guard. I was so glad she was surprised.
I'm SO happy and excited for them. I feel so happy to have such an amazing and cool guy marrying my amazing and cool best friend!

3 comments:

Stepheranasourusrex said...

haha I'm so glad you are such a good liar.

Tammy said...

I love the pictures of the two of you.

Noelle said...

Wow, that's so exciting. I don't know either of them super well, but I do remember their faces from high school. I'm happy for this exciting step for them.