Monday, October 12, 2009

Mom's birthday

Yesterday was Mom's birthday. It was different having hardly anyone around, but we had a good time. I made mom roast and potatoes for dinner and raspberry pie for dessert. It was a nice little celebration.As is tradition in our family, the candles left lit represent babies to come. For mom these are grand-babies. She purposely left one candle for Candice and Scott's baby. (BTW: I didn't put 51 candles on there. I just put a group of 5 and then 1... close enough.)

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

Thanks for taking care of Mom for us! Dinner sounds fabulous.

Ann said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you guys. Your dinner and birthday pie sound fantastic. I'm glad I get to see you all in a few weeks! Woo hoo!

Rachel said...

51? Is that your final answer?