Monday, September 10, 2007

The Pink Ladies

Mickayla has started her soccer season. She's really excited about it and reminds us every time we see her when her next soccer game is. Her first game was this past weekend. I wasn't able to attend but Rod went. He said that at some point in the game she was playing defender. The ball was on the other side of the field when she noticed that Rod was there. She started waiving to him and then was throwing herself on the ground and acting weird... completely oblivious that the ball was now coming her way. They yelled at her to pay attention and she finally noticed right before the ball got to her.

Mom sent us Mickayla's schedule so that we could come to any of her games that worked with our schedule. I laughed as I read through the names of the teams, which were obviously chosen by the kids. We have Mickayla's team, who is the Pink Ladies. The other teams are: The Pink Panthers, The Seahorses, The Angels, The Pixies, The Mambas, The Pink Bunnies and the Dolphins. lol. I think probably half of the teams have pink jerseys. Should be a fun soccer season. :)

4 comments:

LaDawn said...

How fun! I think girl soccer players rock! I wish I had learned to play. Maybe we'll get Brooklynn on an all girl's team in a few years.

Stepheranasourusrex said...

So the pink bunnies are totally going to beat the dolphins.

Tammy said...

At least the games are entertaining. She sure loves having you there

Candice said...

I'm tagging you. Read my blog to find out the rules. :)